Article II: Objectives
The objectives of this Association are outlined below:
• To maintain a close link between United OPSA-USA and Queen of the Rosary College, (QRC) our Alma Mater, as well as, promote moral support, positive and uplifting thinking within the context of a Christian value system.
• To foster love, peace, unity, and enhance and support academic and professional excellence amongst all past and present students of QRC Okoyong. The latter will be accomplished either independently by United OPSA-USA or in collaboration with other associations in the USA.
• To create and maintain a solid association that will serve as a resource primarily to our Alma Mater and also to other Cameroon students organizations in the USA in terms of maintaining a job/career network which will be beneficial to members of the Cameroonian community.
• To assist in the creation and development of a curriculum in the Cameroon educational system, consistent with international standards, with a vision to incorporating and enhancing the use of modern technology and thereby producing highly competitive students in the global economy.
• To create a scholarship fund for underprivileged but deserving students in order to encourage the pursuit of diversified careers and prevent unnecessary student drop-out.
• To identify the different professional areas that would be of interest to its members, facilitate the acquisition and exchange of professional knowledge and information, and promote business ventures.
• To encourage members of the association to engage in research and development
• To participate in other charitable activities under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code of the United States of America.
Article III: Membership
Section A: Eligibility
Membership eligibility is based on meeting one of these stringent criteria:
a) A graduate of QRC-OKOYONG.
b) A past student that has spent at least one academic year at QRC OKOYONG.
d) She is a corporate member with corporate membership defined as those who have studied in any QRC Okoyong sister schools such as QRC Onitsha or Enugu in Nigeria.
Section B: Application Fees
• Membership to United OPSA USA is by applying and becoming a member to one of its chapters. Therefore, each and every interested or potential member is advised to belong to a chapter.
• Each applicant shall pay their registration fee and chapter dues to their chapter treasurer.
• An application for membership shall be processed only upon payments of the prescribed fees.
• These fees are non-refundable in the event that the individual chooses to withdraw her membership after she has paid her dues for the whole year.
Section C: Annual Membership Dues
• Each registered member of United OPSA-USA shall pay an annual membership fee of $50.00 to their chapter treasurer.
• Membership is renewable each year.
• Since the general year runs from January to December, members should pay all their dues by the end of the year, and chapter Presidents should hand in their annual membership fee ($50) of each member to the National Treasurer on or before the convention date.
• Every registered member or anyone who wishes to attend the annual convention shall pay 100 dollars either to their chapter treasurer or National treasurer on or before the convention date.
• If a member dies, each member is obliged to pay a fee of $100 to the NEB treasurer through their chapter treasurer.
• Corporate (All) members who do not pay their annual membership fees by December 31st shall not be eligible to participate in project discussions and decision-making.
• A member whose annual membership fees remains unpaid for a year may be excluded from the association. The individual will cease to be an active member and their name shall remove from the register of active members.
Section C: Membership Obligations:
• Every member has an obligation to participate actively in the deliberations of the association at both the chapter and national levels.
• Each member is obligated to meet his/her financial commitment to the organization
To promote and foster the academic, economic, spiritual and social development of past and present students of QRC Okoyong.
To increase communication, trust, cooperation and sisterhood amongst all Past and Present Students of QRC, Okoyong.
Support our Rosary Hall Project
Support our Science Lab Project
Support our Sick Bay Project