Article IV: Administration of the Association
Section A: Management and Protocol:
• United OPSA-USA shall comprise of all OPSA Chapters in the USA.
• All Chapter Presidents shall report to the National President of United OPSA-USA.
• The National President of United OPSA-USA shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Association.
• The governing body of United OPSA-USA is the National Executive Board (NEB).
• The NEB shall include the executive officers who are elected during the United OPSA-USA Annual National Convention (ANC).
A Chapter may be defined as constituting of five or more registered members in a defined Geographic location with an existing Chapter. However, if an OPSAN choses to belong to any chapter out of their Geographic location, they are allowed to do so.
Section B: Executive Officers of the Association:
The executive Officers of the association shall be as follows:
A) National President
B) National Vice President
C) National Secretary
D) National Vice Secretary
E) Publicity Secretary
F) Social/Organizing Secretary
H) Financial Secretary
I) Advisers to be appointed by the General Assembly
Section C: Election of Executive Officers:
Chapter 1: Term of Office:
Elections by suffrage shall be held (at the ANC) every two years to elect the Executive Officer for a term of two years. The officers elected shall take office within 30 days following the election. During the 30 day transitional period, the out-going executive officers and the in-coming executive officers shall work in collaboration;
a) Documenting all previous minutes, proceedings, etc.
b) Handing over documents
c) Balancing of financial records
Chapter 2: Candidature:
Any candidate running for office must be a registered, active member of United OPSA-USA, and must have attended at least one ANC within the preceding two years.
Chapter 3: Declaration of Candidacy:
• All candidates desiring to run for any of the above offices shall announce their intention.
• The declaration of intent to run shall be in writing and submitted to the National Secretary of United OPSA-USA at least 30 days before the Annual National Convention.
• Each United OPSA-USA chapter president shall be responsible for ensuring that members of their chapters have received a copy of the list of candidates.
Chapter 4: Method of Voting:
• Voting shall be conducted by an electoral committee selected from members of the General Assembly and this committee shall be dissolved when the task is completed.
• Only registered members who are of good standing are allowed to vote.
• Branch presidents need to submit a list of their members who are of good standing as defined by the Chapter to the NEB 30 days before the convention.
Chapter 5: Declaration of Winners:
• Any candidate who receives a majority of the votes cast shall be declared the winner.
• There shall be no run-off elections.
• In the event that there is only one candidate running for an office members will be requested to cast a ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ vote.
• The running candidate must secure at least 50%+1 of the votes;
Chapter 6: Vacancy of Office:
• If a position becomes vacant either before an election or convention, the assistant shall assume responsibility
• If the position is one that has an assistant, the assistant shall be requested to assume that position until a candidate is chosen at the next convention.
• If the position does not have an assistant the General Assembly shall convene to appoint an interim to that position as soon as possible until the next Annual Convention.
• This policy shall also apply in case an officer resigns during their term of office.
To promote and foster the academic, economic, spiritual and social development of past and present students of QRC Okoyong.
To increase communication, trust, cooperation and sisterhood amongst all Past and Present Students of QRC, Okoyong.
Support our Rosary Hall Project
Support our Science Lab Project
Support our Sick Bay Project